The 4 LUFFY Marimo Moss Balls are the natural live plants that may not be perfectly spherical in shape and lush green in color. You will receive around 1.5 – 2-inch diameter ball which is three times larger than the nano marimo balls. Since we sell 100% natural and pesticide-free marimos, sometimes there might be a few brown spots here and there. Do not consider them damaged or unnatural because just like organic food, real marimos cannot be perfect. A few brown spots just show that the product is natural. Give them proper care and if in a few days, the balls are not healthy green, please write to us and we will send you a free replacement immediately, no questions asked.
The benefits of adding Marimo Moss Balls in the aquarium are plenty. They absorb all the toxic and algae breeding wastes and dead matter including nitrites, nitrates, ammonia and phosphate. The LUFFY Marimo Moss Balls also do not require constant attention. In fact, they are very low maintenance live plant. Your shrimps and snails love feeding on the green ball.
You may also make use of the LUFFY Marimo Moss Balls as a decorative item in social events or for the purpose of gifting.
Please note that sometimes marimo balls trap air bubble inside which causes them to float. In such a situation, gently squeeze the marimo and pop the air bubble. Release it into the water and you will see them settling down at the bottom of the water tank.
Note : Since we will send you a live product and it travels a long distance to reach you, give it a gentle wash before using for the first time. Also, in the rarest case of you receiving the product in an unsatisfactory condition owing to bad weather or delay, write to us for a free reshipment or refund. We will solve the issue immediately.
- BRING HOME A LIVE PLANT THAT BENEFITS YOUR AQUARIUM — The 4 LUFFY Moss Balls are live plants that absorb nitrates. Fish excreta, debris, phosphate, and ammonia disturbs the natural ecosystem of the water tank. If the natural marimo moss ball is present in the water tank, they suck the toxic material. These balls thus, help in creating a natural and thriving atmosphere for the aquatic species.
- PREVENTS EXCESSIVE ALGAE GROWTH — Both algae and marimo moss balls compete for the same nutrients for growth. Since, they absorb most of the nitrates, ammonia, and phosphates, they leave a scant room for algae to thrive. Consequently, the 4 LUFFY Marimo Moss Balls prevent unwanted algae from growing back.
- REAL MARIMOS ARE NOT ALWAYS SPHERICAL & MIGHT HAVE SOME BROWN SPOTS ON THEM — As you buy LUFFY Marimo Moss Balls, you should be able to differentiate between a real and a fake marimo. The 100% natural marimo will not always be spherical in shape or lush green in color. It is perfectly ok to have some brown spots. However, if you do find sparkling green and perfectly spherical marimos, there are high chances that they are unnatural and pesticide rich marimos.
- ECO-FRIENDLY, ADDS TO THE AESTHETIC BEAUTY & ARE LOW MAINTENANCE — LUFFY prohibits the usage of dye that imparts artificial green color to the moss balls. Since it distributes eco-friendly, natural marimo moss balls, expect to receive regular/irregular shaped moss balls which are not always in deep green color. Undoubtedly, the marimo moss balls add to the aesthetic beauty of the aquarium and are low maintenance. They simply require some light and freshwater.
- SNAIL-PROOF AND LOVED BY SHRIMPS — Some snails love to feed on live plants, but when it comes to the LUFFY marimo moss balls, they nibble or eat food off it just like a shrimp. Shrimps, on the other hand, gorge on the green stuff and munch on any particle they like. We recommend keeping the marimo moss balls away from fishes such as Koi or goldfish as it’s a tasty snack for them. It’s completely safe for them, but you don’t want your one pet to eat your plant pet.