Indian Almond Leaves have long been a favorite food of keepers and breeders of dwarf shrimp. They grow healthy biofilm, which is the preferred diet of dwarf shrimp and their offspring. The leaves grow biofilm very quickly, and you will see your shrimp and snails swarming it within a day or so of adding it to your tank. It never needs to be removed, simply let it dissolve as it is consumed by your shrimp, snails, and other aquarium animals!
Indian Almond Leaves are also very useful for feeding snails and surface-feeding fish like Otocinclus and various Pleco species. It is especially useful for Nerite Snails, which can be difficult to feed once they consume all of the algae within your aquarium. It is also a favorite snack of larger snails like Mystery Snails and Rabbit Snails.
- Includes at least 10 pieces which are dried, cleaned, and prepared for aquarium use
- Provides a great grazing spot for dwarf shrimp, snails, fish, and other surface feeding animals
- Natural and pesticide free; grows healthy biofilm for dwarf shrimp to eat, which encourages breeding
- Provides food for the tiny shrimp offspring that can be difficult to feed traditional food
- Leeches healthy tannins into water, can cause slight but healthy discoloration if used excessively